What’s Organic About Organic? Invites You To Join The Screen & Green Campaign
Help raise awareness of the issues & engage the audience in activities to support organic agriculture!
During 2010, the producers of What’s Organic About Organic? will partner with organic and sustainable agriculture organizations & individuals to host screenings in conjunction with volunteer & awareness-building activities that connect the audience to positive action and involvement in the organic community.Read More!
Screen & Green Events can range in scope depending on the programs and activities that your organization conducts.
- Plan a volunteer day at a farm and kick back at the end of the evening with a movie and a dinner or popcorn!
- Host a screening at the end of a volunteer board meeting or reception!
- Collaborate with a local Crop Mob for a day and a movie at night!
- Host a local potluck dinner or panel discussion followed by a screening!
- Conduct a composting/window garden/cooking demo/how-to-eat-local-during-winter workshop & follow it with a movie/discussion!
The idea is to tack the screening onto existing programming and use the film to enhance what you’re already doing OR to use the film as a way to garner more awareness for an innovative project.
As partners in the WOAO? Screen & Green Campaign, selected organizations will:
- Pick a date for a volunteer activity & screening event during Spring 2010.
- Plan and promote a volunteer activity to get citizens engaged in the work of the organization & introduce them to organic agriculture/food systems.
- Arrange for a screening of What’s Organic About Organic?’. Select either the 59 min Educational Version or a special 27-minute Workshop Version (a nominal $95 licensing fee is requested).
- (Optional) Invite a local organic farmer for volunteers to meet and greet at the event or have a panel discussion to go more in-depth.
As part of a special partnership with the producers of What’s Organic About Organic?, all participating host organizations will be offered, in turn:
- An exclusive copy of What’s Organic About Organic? on DVD and accompanying downloadable classroom curriculum.
- Special WOAO? 5 Flavor Basil Seed packets from Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company, Eco-label Pocket Guide from Consumer’s Union for each volunteer & ATTRA magnets and bookmarks.
- Publicity and promotion for your event via the film’s website, screening map and social media.
- Opportunity for a reduced rate on bulk DVDs (50% off the retail price) to use as gifts / door prizes or to re-sell and maintain the profits.
The sooner we confirm your organization as a partner and set the date for your event, the sooner we can start spreading the word. Contact Shelley Rogers for more information or a preview copy of the film – firstname.lastname@example.org
[form 2 “Screening Application”]
2 replies on “Host a Screening”
[…] York City from June 21st to 27th. The premiere will also serve as the launch of the film’s Screen & Green campaign, which aims to partner with local non-profit organizations nation-wide and encourage the […]
[…] will be kicking off its national Screen & Green tour with a week-long premiere at HERE in the Dorothy B. Williams Theater in New York City from June […]